GTG is seeking people of ages to fill part-time volunteer and intern positions. If you're interested in ushering, being a part of the behind-the-scenes, and/or helping out at the office—send us a note with your interests along with a resume.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We are not currently hiring.
For future consideration, please send resumes with a cover letter to our GTG office.
Gingold Theatrical Group
520 8th Avenue #304
New York, NY 10018
ATT: David Staller
USHERS - To volunteer usher for PROJECT SHAW at The Players for our montly reading series, please call 212-355-7823 or email email@example.com
Volunteers are received on a first come, first served basis, and placement is subject to availability.
In addition to our need for ushers at our monthly Project Shaw readings, we are looking for professionals in the fields of Marketing, Promotions & PR, and Graphic Design.
• MARKETING - The Marketing Volunteer will advise us how to best and most consistently to promote GTG and Project Shaw to current patrons and new audiences. The volunteer will also help us create a larger digital presence, email newsletters, and direct mailings.
• PR - The Promotions/PR Volunteer will advise us how best to promote GTG and Project Shaw to current patrons and new audiences. The volunteer will also help us to update our promotional materials, brochures and press kit.
• GRAPHICS - The Graphic Design Volunteer will help us create an official brand for GTG, Project Shaw and SHAW NY. Materials to be created or updated are: logo design, letterhead, brochure, postcards and a basic brand look for the organization.
To be considered, please email us and let us know how you can help: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently seeking friendly, motivated, and detail-oriented interns. Learn about all facets of the theatrical marketing business, including, promotions, advertising and administration. There are three different kinds of internships currently available.
• Theatre Administration - This internship will offer the opportunity to work closely with GTG’s General Manager and Office Manager to oversee the daily functioning of GTG and Project Shaw. The Theatre Administration intern will assist with tasks such as payroll for readings, tracking ticket sales, database entry and facilitating mailings. This would be a great opportunity for someone interested in watching and participating in all the operations of a non-profit theatre company.
• The Graphic Design intern will help us create an official brand for GTG, Project Shaw and Shaw NY. Materials to be created or updated include: logo design, letterhead, brochure, postcards, invitations and a basic brand look for the organization. The ideal candidate will have an artistic sense and working knowledge of graphic design software.
• The Event Coordination intern will help support the General Manager and Development Consultant with the GTG Gala event in March 2013. Duties will include assisting in invitation mailings, keeping track of donation items for auction, updating the RSVP list, and other event details as they arise.
To be considered, please email the following to: email@example.com
1. Cover Letter
3. References (1 Business, 1 Academic & 1 Personal)
4. Estimated start date & weekly availability
Headshot and resume submissions are acceptpted.
Actors may submit headshot and resume for consideration electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post:
GINGOLD THEATRICAL GROUP
520 8th Avenue, Suite 304
New York, NY 10018
Ty Jones, Sharon Washington, Andre de Shields
Join the GTG Family
Gingold Theatrical Group is always looking for highly motivated individuals to join the team.
Gingold Theatrical Group is a human rights arts organization that employs the works of George Bernard Shaw as its platform. GTG produces the highly successful monthly series PROJECT SHAW and an annual festival, which includes a fully staged production along with symposiums, concerts, new play readings and lectures, SHAW NEW YORK.
Pictured above: The volunteers and staff of PROJECT SHAW, June 2011
Share our passion. All of Shaw's plays champion Human Rights and the power of the individual. Be part of our future.
Join our mailing list and we will send you news about our events. We greatly value your privacy so we'll never sell or share your contact information with anyone.
As George Bernard Shaw said, "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place"
… so join our mailing list!